We made more progress on the new chicken coop this past weekend. Saturday we got the back and one side sheathed, and then started on the roof. One of the sheathing panels on the roof had to come off and be re-positioned, and then we put on the drip edge, tarpaper, and got most of it shingled. We used shingles that were left over from our house and barn in NY being re-roofed, and when we ran out of those, we used some that were leftover at the NH house, but there weren't that many. So the chicken coop is about three-quarters shingled, and we put another piece of tarpaper on as a temporary measure to keep rain from getting under the top row of shingles. It got dark before we finished so Ken set up the work light and we finished at about 6:30pm. I think I was up there for about 3 hours, and now I know why professional roofers have those neat roofing nail guns. Every single nail was pounded in by hand. Oof!
Here is a view from the front:
And one from the side showing the roof:
So we'll have to buy a bundle of shingles - maybe Home Despot will have a partial bundle or something we can get for a discount.
Ken got more siding done on Sunday while I was on my way back to NY. He got the side with the window opening framed almost done, but ran out of plywood. So the rest of that side and the front will have to wait until we can get more.